She is a 20 year old young woman with 6 brothers and sisters and is an incredible cook and photographer. Over the weekend she posted the recipe for these muffins and I had just about all the ingredients – so I went to town.
I adapted it just a little – but they turned out amazing. Unfortunately I didn’t have any chocolate chips – which could have been a crisis, but these were amazingly moist and I didn’t even miss them!
This makes 10 regular sized muffins or 5 jumbo muffins. I opted for the jumbo sized!!!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark, but regular cocoa powder would also work)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin tin (the recipe makes 10 regular sized muffins or 5 in a big muffin tin). Whisk together the egg, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas. Mix the dry ingredients and add to the wet. Mix just until combined. Add some chocolate chips if you want. Bake for about 20-25 minutes for regular muffins or 25-30 minutes for big muffins
The calories without chocolate chips (Jumbo sized) are:
These were great at work when I needed a snack – really filling!!! I love that!
In other news – I did the first day of Insanity Today!
Holy cow – it was hard! I haven’t done many of those exercises EVER – I was super sweaty by the time I was done – and afterwards!!
My twin sister has done over 100 days of it so far, and I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. It would be great to be closer to my goal weight once the new year comes around!!
For the fit test – here are my scores vs. my sisters first day:
Me: Switch kicks 77 Biz: 72
Me: Power Jacks 43 Biz: 30
Me: Power Knees 64 Biz: 68
Me: Power Jump 20 Biz: 30
Me: Low Jumps 5 Biz: 7
Me: Suicide jumps 9 Biz: ?
Me: Push up jacks 9 Biz: 15
Me: Low plank oblique 17 Biz: 22
I’m not promising I’ll do insanity every single day, but will shoot for 4x a week. Wish me luck!!!
Have you done Insanity? Did you stick with it and see results??