I am happy to partner up with Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia products to share a few recipes AND a give a way to one of my readers. Please leave a comment by Jan. 22nd and I will pick a winner using random.org. Here is what you will get.
Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning
Sweet Red Chili Sauce
Brown Rice Noodles
If you aren’t familiar with these products, they are available in the aisle near the stir fry sauces. I’ve used these products a lot over the years and they taste great. I am excited to share 2 recipes of theirs with you.
These rolls are gluten and vegan!
- 3 single-serve packages (2 ounces each) Thai Kitchen® Red Rice Noodles
- 12 round rice paper wrappers (8 1/2-inch)
- 2 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Remove from heat. Add Red Rice Noodles, stirring to separate noodles. Let stand 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Drain well. Place in large bowl with cold water. Separate noodles fully. Set aside.
- To assemble Spring Rolls, fill 9-inch pie plate with warm water. For each spring roll, dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water to wet completely. Place on work surface. Blot dry with paper towel. Place 1/3 cup drained rice noodles in bottom third of rice paper. Layer with 4 bell pepper strips, 8 cucumber strips, 1 tablespoon carrot, 2 avocado slices, 1/2 teaspoon cilantro and 1 teaspoon peanuts. Fold in sides, then gently roll tightly to enclose filling. Place spring roll on platter or tray. Cover with damp paper towels and plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling ingredients to make 12 spring rolls.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Simply Asia® Sweet Ginger & Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups assorted cut-up vegetables—broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper strips, snow peas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Mix water, Simply Asia® Sweet Ginger & Garlic Seasoning, soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir fry 3 minutes. Remove from skillet. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Stir sauce mixture. Add to skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat. Boil 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened.
So leave a comment and you’ll have a chance to win! Have you used any of their products before? .
On another note, I’ve been watching short videos Bobby Flay made called Bobby Flay Fit. He has seven video where he shows what he does to stay fit being surrounded by food every day. They are really inspiring and he says several times how he has to be disciplined about how much food he eats since he tastes so many of the dishes in his restaurants and of course with a super busy schedule how he fits exercise in too. Very inspiring – HERE IS THE LINK to those videos.