Two people recently nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award! I would like to thank my friends Kristi and Christina for nominating me for the Stylish Blogger Award. I am supposed to tell you 7 things you may not know about me, and pass it along.
I don’t know who to pass it on to yet, but I will do that another time, but for now, here are my answers:
1. I had my first cup of coffee at age 41! I always tried a sip, but never liked it until one day at my office I tried it again and I LOVED it! Now, 2 years later I have one cup per day.
2. If I microwave something, I always stop the microwave at 1 second left. Don’t ask me why, that’s how I roll.
4. I finally got my associates degree a year ago! I took time off when I started having kids and when I finally decided to finish, I only had 4 credits left.
5. I entered the Pillsbury Bake Off almost every year when I was a kid. Our grandma lived with us for a while and she loved that contest. I only submitted cookie recipes, I just would change up the recipes and add different stuff.
6. My sister and I have best friends who are twins who we met in 3rd grade and we are still friends all these years later!
7. My husband and I went to the same high school, (graduated different years) and grew up less than 2 miles from each other our whole lives and I never met him until I was 25 and he was 31!
So, that’s a little more about me! Interesting stuff huh? 🙂
I actually wanted to share one other thing with you today. Andrea Beaman posted a great quote on FaceBook that Jack LaLanne (who just passed away at the age of 96) had said. I never heard this before, but it is very motivating:
“Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”
— Jack Lalanne
I was really tired after work and didn’t want to walk home, but then I thought about that quote. I had eaten great, kept within my calories, and I decided I wanted the Kingdom, so I walked. I was happy I did too!
By the way, does anyone have the Jack Lalanne juicer and if so, did you like it? I have an old juicer (different brand), but you practically have to put in 8 carrots and 6 apples to get 1/2 a cup of juice. And there is a ton of pulp leftover.
Let me know your thought on that. 🙂
Have a great day everyone!