I love orzo! There are so many great recipes you can make with it. Yesterday I was trying to think of a side dish to make with it. I have made different variations and depending on what I have in the kitchen, that’s what goes in. This is what I made yesteray and it turned out great:
- 3 cups cooked orzo (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 ounces feta cheese (I used a Mediterranean blend)
- 4 tablespoons Paul Newman’s Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
I cooked the orzo, and let in drain and cool down. I tore the spinach, added the garlic, dressing, salt and pepper, and feta cheese, and then tossed it with the orzo. Refrigerate until chilled. My whole family loved this recipe and it took no time at all. It would be great as a side dish to take to a family reunion too!