My daughter Claire has been asking me for the longest time to make homemade fruit roll ups and I’ve been putting it of because I thought it was a complicated process – but it turns out – it’s super easy and only 3 ingredients!
I went on Tastespotting and read a few different versions and I was surprised how easy it was. I did Blueberry – but you can use pretty much any fruit you want. If you don’t have fresh you can use frozen too. I love getting frozen fruits from Trader Joe’s – for mango’s, pineapple, blueberries, it’s usually around $2.39 for a bag – so pretty cheap!
We are definitely going to try different versions. I made these last weekend, and not very much was left for school lunches – but my kids enjoyed them!
- 4 cups fresh or thawed blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I used fresh lemons)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat and stir constantly for a few minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the fruit is slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour that mixture onto the baking sheet and place in the oven for 3-4 hours,
- You know its done when it's slightly sticky - not where it is crunchy - then you cooked it too much!
- I did mine for about 3.5 hours. Once it comes out, immediately cut into strips then let it cool completely.
I’ve been busy in the kitchen and I have a lot of recipes to share. I recently got a Belgian waffle maker and I made overnight waffles, lemon poppy seed waffles, I made baked chocolate chip donuts, so come back again soon for those recipes!!!