My favorite cooking magazine by far is Cooking Light. Each month when I get it, I can’t wait to see all the recipes. Sometimes I can read a food magazine and never make a thing. Sometimes while I’m reading a recipe, I want to make it. Like right now! That was the case when I read the recipe for granola cookie wedges. I didn’t care that it was 9 o’clock at night – but I had all the ingredients so I ran to my kitchen to make these!
I followed the recipe except for the nuts and I refigured the calories on www.caloriecount.com.
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (looslely packed)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add flour, oats, and chocolate chips to sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Scrape the dough into a 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- I used a spatula sprayed with cooking spray to easily spread it to the edges.
- Bake for 13 minutes, let cool 5 minutes then cut into 8 wedges.
These are amazing! A nice treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and low in calories – a win/win in my book!
Do you get Cooking Light Magazine? What’s your favorite recipe you’ve made?