I had leftover wonton wraps sitting in my fridge and I didn’t feel like making more potstickers with them, so breakfast it is!
This recipe takes no time at all! I use a mini muffin tin – sprayed with cooking spray so they don’t stick.
Feel free to change this recipe up, using breakfast sausage, different veggies or cheeses - so many possibilities!!
- won ton wraps (I used 24)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 roasted poblano pepper
- 4 slices deli ham
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 roasted orange pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle of feta cheese on top
- Spray the muffin tin with Pam cooking spray.
- GENTLY - press 1 won ton wrap in each muffin tin
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the won tons are cooking. Mix in a bowl the eggs, milk and spices. Chop the veggies and add that to the bowl and set aside.
- Slice up the deli ham in small pieces.
- By the time that's done, it's time to take the pre-baked won tons out of the oven.
- I gently laid the ham on the bottom of each one.
- A good idea is add the egg mixture to a Pyrex measuring cup with a spout so it's easy to pour.
- Slowly fill each cup about 3/4 the way up. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are browned and the eggs look set.
- These turned out so good - what a great way to start the day!
Another good idea is from Peas & Crayons – they did pizza with wontons!
Or what about taco cups? Nicole from Prevention RD made these
And look what Sydney made from Crepes of Wrath –
She made sichuan wontons that look absolutely amazing!!
There are so many different things you can do with wontons! I love it!!!
What is your favorite thing to make or eat at a restaurant that has wonton wrappers in it??